COULD YOU HELP IDENTIFY WHERE WATER IS ENTERING ON DRIVER'S SIDE WHEN WASHING OR RAINING?

1994 Cadillac STS

rdjohnson

October, 1, 2012 AT 9:01 PM

This car has never been garaged, never wrecked, windshield never replaced, has no sunroof and never leaked water. I hand washed two weeks ago and water leaked on driver's side front. I was able to duplicate with hose once but leaks everytime with rain. A leak specialist checked body seems for cracks and firewall feed through grouments for deterioration with no finds. He caulked the driver's door weather stripping with no affect. The initial leak with washing was in the left corner where the parking brake cable is. When it rains, the rubber boot covering the steering shaft leaks water at the junction of the two halfs.

hmac300

October, 1, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

You might start there an dsee if wheel liner has collapsed letting water there. Check for buildup of leaves and junk in vent area infront of windshield, it may be coming in there. Otherwise look for rust and see if you can poke a hole in it.

rdjohnson

October, 2, 2012 AT 9:18 PM

What is the wheel liner you are referring to?

hmac300

October, 2, 2012 AT 10:05 PM

That is the black thing that is attached to the fender and body. You may have to pull the tire out to take the screws and or push pins to remove it to see.

cadieman

October, 25, 2012 AT 6:55 PM

L/side where by the windshield or door panel?

Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML