ALTERNATOR FUSE

1993 Toyota Camry

hermiestride

December, 8, 2013 AT 1:15 PM

My car won't start even with a new battery, my brother test all the elecrical amps, he found out that the alternator fuse need to be changed. But he's having problem taking fuse out. Please give me tips on how to take alternator fuse off toyota camry le 1993.

saturntech9

December, 8, 2013 AT 1:38 PM

What does the alternator fuse have to with it starting maybe charging but not starting. Is it a fuse able link type?

Alexfbi77

January, 23, 2014 AT 1:13 AM

Is it fuse 30 or 60 AMP, try to replace, but there is one thing you should check. If your car got rotating distributor, remove distributor cover, inside, you'll find capacitor with only one wire coming out from one side, and bolted to coil, that's your AM radio noise filter, but before you cut and pull it out, just remove accurate and after replacing fuse try to start. On my 1993 Camry that capacitor was shorted to ground, so it was blowing 30APM Fuse, until I cut that capacitor out.

Alexfbi77

January, 23, 2014 AT 1:18 AM

And just a reminder, large AMP fuses are mounted with nuts, under fuse box, to bottom piece of fuse box, you'll need to pry all relays with fuses out of that box with thin flat screw drivers on sides, only then you'll be able to replace.

Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator testing done right