TROUBLE STARTING MY

1992 Toyota MR2

paddym

April, 9, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

Hi. When I try start my 92 mr2 in the mourning it just wont start. It turns over but just wont fire up. It takes forever. Once the car starts its ok for the day. Will start no problem after this. Any idea what could cause this.

April, 9, 2011 AT 8:01 PM

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test