IGNITON WIRING SYSTEM?

1992 Toyota MR2

Billie90

October, 12, 2011 AT 2:36 AM

Car is generally hard to start and is quite temperamental. Has just had new battery and alternator put in, but something is still draining on the battery significantly when trying to start. Battery is charging fine once running, but gauge always shows low voltage when first starting for the day. Spark plugs are de-fouled regular and replaced quite often. It does sound like there maybe be a short in the ignition wiring system. Any ideas?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 12, 2011 AT 2:46 AM

Have you checked to see if there is a draw on the electrical system with everything off?

Billie90

October, 12, 2011 AT 4:33 AM

No I haven't, have just been perservering starting it but this morning after a few attempts at starting it with no success, it wouldnt do a thing when key was turned to try start it, this is the first timne it has done this but my friend reckons it will get worse over time. Lights on the dash are on, still enough battery power to crank but it wouldnt even do that. Left it for a few hours then went to start it and it started cranking again.

Billie90

October, 12, 2011 AT 4:36 AM

There is no radio or stereo in car, heater is always turned off, ciggerette lighter does not work since had the car.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement