VIBRATION.. ??

1992 Toyota Camry

aquafeenia

September, 15, 2013 AT 1:52 PM

My passenger wheel on the right side is vibrating at speeds of 45-55 mph. I took it to a shop and they charged me $359 to fix the control arm on that side and it is still doing the same thing it was doing before which they said should fix the problem. I took it to a couple other shops and they told me that it might be my ball joints. I know I definitely need new struts on all sides. What could be making my car tire shake like this. I'm very lost I don't want to spend another 300 on something that doesn't fix the problem.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 15, 2013 AT 5:35 PM

Has anyone checked the simple things like tire balance, is the rim bent, is there a shifted belt in the tire, Is the tire worn evenly?

aquafeenia

September, 15, 2013 AT 6:16 PM

I did get a tire balance. I didn't check the rim but I havn't had anyone bring it up to me. I do have two new tires to put on and I need a camber alignment. I did think it was the tire but I had them rotated and the problem is still there in the front.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 15, 2013 AT 6:19 PM

If the camber is out, that can cause a vibration.

aquafeenia

September, 15, 2013 AT 8:06 PM

If I get an alignment to see if that fixes it. And say it still makes that noise so I do the ball joints. Will I have to get another alignment?

aquafeenia

September, 15, 2013 AT 8:07 PM

The tire feels kinda wobbly I would say.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 16, 2013 AT 6:28 PM

What do you mean by the tire feels wobbly? How did you check it? As far as the alignment, I would recommend having it checked if you replace the ball joints. However, it isn't a requirement. As far as the ball joints, check to see if there is excessive play in them. Don't replace them unless you know they are bad.

Replace Tie Rod End
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class