1992 Toyota Camry Vibration.?

AQUAFEENIA
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY

My passenger wheel on the right side is vibrating at speeds of 45-55 mph. I took it to a shop and they charged me $359 to fix the control arm on that side and it is still doing the same thing it was doing before which they said should fix the problem. I took it to a couple other shops and they told me that it might be my ball joints. I know I definitely need new struts on all sides. What could be making my car tire shake like this. I'm very lost I don't want to spend another 300 on something that doesn't fix the problem.

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 1:52 PM

Has anyone checked the simple things like tire balance, is the rim bent, is there a shifted belt in the tire, Is the tire worn evenly?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 5:35 PM
AQUAFEENIA

I did get a tire balance. I didn't check the rim but I havn't had anyone bring it up to me. I do have two new tires to put on and I need a camber alignment. I did think it was the tire but I had them rotated and the problem is still there in the front.

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 6:16 PM

If the camber is out, that can cause a vibration.

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 6:19 PM
AQUAFEENIA

If I get an alignment to see if that fixes it. And say it still makes that noise so I do the ball joints. Will I have to get another alignment?

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 8:06 PM
AQUAFEENIA

The tire feels kinda wobbly I would say.

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 8:07 PM

What do you mean by the tire feels wobbly? How did you check it? As far as the alignment, I would recommend having it checked if you replace the ball joints. However, it isn't a requirement. As far as the ball joints, check to see if there is excessive play in them. Don't replace them unless you know they are bad.

Monday, September 16th, 2013 AT 6:28 PM