HVAC CONTROL MODULE QUIT WORKING

1992 GMC C2500

zpainter1015

August, 28, 2011 AT 2:49 AM

The electronic hvac control module in my truck just shut off driving. I replaced it with one from the salvage yard, didn't fix it. Used a volt meter and tested power wires, the battery and ignition power are fine. The main ground shows good but the second shows bad. Don't know where this ground goes or if it even if it would effect the module. Hot here and don't have a/c.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 1, 2011 AT 3:00 AM

The ground could be under the dash. I would recommend running a new one.

zpainter1015

September, 4, 2011 AT 1:30 AM

Ran a new ground module came on and worked. Then smelled a burning smell and blower quit and won't work on any setting. The blend arrow lights are also now flashing.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 4, 2011 AT 1:49 AM

Check to see if there is power to the blower motor. There must be something causing things to overheat. The original ground may have melted.

zpainter1015

September, 6, 2011 AT 10:20 PM

Had the old control module out of truck so put it back in and blower worked for a little while then quit. Found on circuit board that one of the connectors is burning the solder. It's is a black wire in slot 9 on connector. Wiring diagrams don't show any wire there.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement