KEY TURNS OVER, NO CLICKING BUT CAR WON'T START.

1992 Geo Prizm

Mirei

May, 11, 2012 AT 3:50 PM

I just bought my 1992 Geo Prizm yesterday, and was in the process of driving it back from the northern part of VA, back to the Hampton Roads area. Stopped for a pick restroom break, and when I came back out to my car it wouldn't start. The key rolls over, all the dash lights come on, headlights worked, but the car just wouldn't start. Though it didn't make any clicking noises. After calling for AA to come and pick it up, I waited for about 45 mins with the hood of my car up and tried starting it again. It started without a problem. The car wasn't over heated, and the battery still had plenty of juice so I don't think this is a battery problem. The woman I bought it from just had the water pump replaced because the pervious one had gone bad.

Any suggestions?

fixitmr

May, 11, 2012 AT 5:14 PM

So far it's only happened this 1 time?

djcl

May, 11, 2012 AT 5:15 PM

Have the battery and alternator tested. Start hear

Mirei

May, 12, 2012 AT 2:57 AM

Yes, this has only happend once. It's a four cyl base model.

May, 12, 2012 AT 11:45 PM

It sounds like a starter issue from your description. Have it checked for a dead spot.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test