HOW MUCH DOES AN ELECTRONIC 4X4 DASH SWITCH COST ?

1992 Ford Ranger

Bob V S

March, 10, 2012 AT 7:09 PM

Four wheel drive quit, I had to use 4 low and it took a while to get back in 4 high, then it just quit altogether. Fuses are good probly the switch?

DrCranknWrench

March, 10, 2012 AT 7:50 PM

I found one for $308.89 at www. Rockauto. Com. They have very good prices for reputable manufacturers. You may be able to find it cheaper. Try using the search engine on this web site to search for a retailer, (it is location oriented so the links it will bring up may be retailers near you). Look at the links, ads and banners that come up on the page when you use the search engine to look for the term. Clicking on the link will take you to other retailers that may be cheaper but I would be wary of anything that is a lot less than this price as rock auto is very reputable for selling quality parts for really good prices.

Bob V S

March, 11, 2012 AT 7:03 PM

Thank you, spendy though for a dash switch, thanks again, Bob

DrCranknWrench

March, 13, 2012 AT 6:23 PM

You are very welcome. I was shocked myself. You might try www. Thefind. Com, but you have to be weary of the retailers. Actually I think I might have looked there. Try usautopartswarehouse. Com as well as rock auto. Com. Rockauto's inventory changes a lot and you might find a better deal in a few days.

Take care.

Dr. C

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
CV Axle Replacement
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Automatic Transmission Service