MY 92 FORD EXPLORER 2WD 4DOOR IS MAKING WIERD ...

1992 Ford Explorer

dreja82

July, 7, 2011 AT 12:44 AM

My 92 ford explorer 2wd 4door is making wierd noises like it is dragging something metal or metal pieces are breaking and falling off. And with this my car is******** towrds the left as I drive. You would think I was a drunk driver if you were behind me. I looked under the car and couldnt tell if anything was broken off, but the tie rod I think its called had one piece that looked as if another piece of the rod has been scraping against it. Any ideas?

Inner Tie Rod

1 ANSWER

Tie Rods

1 ANSWER

caradiodoc

July, 7, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

Any chance you could post a photo?

dreja82

July, 7, 2011 AT 1:37 AM

Its obviously very dirty under there I am going to try and clean it up. Some of the stuff I did clean up was thick black and on the wetter side so I dont know if fluids leak out of that area or not or if soemwhere else is leaking and getting on it. Also they * out my word up there so it is j*e*r*k*i*n*g to the left while I drive. I hope you can tell where it looks as if it scrfaped on the pic

caradiodoc

July, 7, 2011 AT 2:34 AM

I'm having a hard time orienting myself. Are we looking from the center front back toward the right front tire, or are we looking from the rear toward the left front tire? Try to describe the part that's broken and what it's attached to.

July, 7, 2011 AT 3:53 AM

If they'd send another pic, a little further back, you could definitely tell.

To me it looks like just below the pitman arm, the tie rod end (#18 in the link), rubbing.......or the tie rod tube (#22) is bent forward into it.

Ain't by chance been "Backing Up" and "Hooked" something, with the bottom of your vehicle????

Seems I've Timed out at Mitchell 1????

This is "Crude", but similar to your vehicle, this may help you identify (tell Doc) the steering components that are giving you problems

"19" and "22" may be backwards (swapped around) from your vehicle (unless I ain't looking at it right)....All I could find in a pinch, a Jeep Cherokee!

http://www.4wd.com/hardparts/HP_PartList.aspx?hpDID=201 .....more pics would help too

The Medic

Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200