I checked for spark today. I have a spark tester that I mounted to the block, NO SPARK! I put a test light at the cap, no light, when cranking. I read that to test the coil that is mounted at the top of the cap, you need to disconnect the battery and test the Ohms, which should read about 1500 when you place leads on both wire ends. Can you verify this is the correct procedure? If so, when tested I got.5 ohms. Any advise so I dont have to blow this car up :)
Oh and also I noticed there seems to be some sort of a pump or compressor to the right of the block that will go off and run for about a minute with the keys off. Any ideas if that might be something?
Thank you for all of your help.
Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 10:51 PM