1991 CITI GOLF 1.8 SPORT: STARTING

• korstiaan
  • 1991 Volkswagen Golf
  • manual

The day prior to yesterday I completed a 1100Km journey in the car without any hassles. I used the vehicle again that evening also without any problems. It was then parked outside while it was raining persistently. The following morning (after the car had been sitting in rain for approx. 12 hours) I attempted to start it with no success. The starter turns but the engine wont fire regardless of the position of the choke or the amount of gas fed.

Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 AT 7:57 AM

• rasmataz

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 6:15 AM