REPLACE BLOWER MOTOR 91 PONT

1991 Pontiac Transport

yeswedeliver

May, 19, 2011 AT 3:56 PM

Can you tell me where are the front cradle bolts on a 91 pontiac transport 3.1 eng? I need to remove front blower motor and book says to loosen front cradle bolts to '****' or drop the engine a little as you raise the frame. To slide out the motor and impeller. IF there is another way, I'd love to know - these engineers were nuts. Move the engine to replace a blower motor!
Do you know of a BETTER way to replace this blower motor? There MUST be a way to get it out. It is sooooo close to coming out - 2 INCHES of room here or there. I have removed wiper arm mechanism, cable harness assemblies, moved harness by removing resistor wiring harness, removed coil plug wire.

Docfixit

May, 19, 2011 AT 4:11 PM

What source are byou using? No need to drop engine. Air cleaner and wiper arm then 5 bolts on motor

Wrenchtech

May, 19, 2011 AT 5:09 PM

My instructions say to remove the wiper linkage but truthfully, lowering the cradle would be easier and faster if it will work.

yeswedeliver

May, 19, 2011 AT 7:03 PM

Docfixit -The source I am using is Haines. It is not in the original manual. I wrote them and they sent me an addendum. I did remove the bolts, wiper arm, etc. But for a losuy inch - it will not come out without breaking the plastic impeller.
Wrench Tech - My question is then really, where are the front cradle bolts and what's the best way to get at them? Thanks

Docfixit

May, 19, 2011 AT 7:20 PM

That is frame that holds engine and trans to body. Jack up find frame and see four bolts at each corner. Would loose rear ones a bit then loosen front more to tip engine forward. BE VERY CAREFUL not to unscrew too much or engine and trans will fall out

yeswedeliver

May, 19, 2011 AT 8:10 PM

Thanks. I submitted this question on both 'sides' - free and paid. I am wondering if you are paid expert or volunteer - just to help me understand.
OK. Now, I hope maybe you can help me understand more clearly where these bolt are and if I can easily reach by just sliding under the van with a wrench. I am not trying to insult you - but each corner does not help me too much - that even suggests four corners. Perhaps there is an image you can point to? The book says REMOVE TWO BOLTS from FRONT - then just slightly raise van and engine will tilt.[Yes, just a little! : )] Please Help me find these Two Front Cradle Bolts.

Wrenchtech

May, 19, 2011 AT 8:18 PM

One question is all you need. If you look under the truck, you will see the sub-frame. If you look at it you will see four large bolts holds it to the body, one in each corner of the frame. It's very obvious.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911