OIL LEAKING OUT OF EXHAUST WITH ENGINE OFF.

1991 Pontiac Sunbird

YoungBackyardTech

March, 23, 2012 AT 1:39 PM

I have a 91 Pontiac Sunbird Le Convertible 2.0L. I bought it for $300 it has 50,000 original miles on it. I have been working on it for the past 2 months. It needed all new tie rods, brakelines, coil pack, it blew white smoke out of exhaust due to bad gas, valve cover and gasket, etc. Basically easy jobs. I went to try and start it, and right before I did I changed the fluids.I walked around behind the vehicle and realized fresh oil, still caramel in color, was running out of the exhast. The engine was not running, nor was the car on and engine off. I go to vo-tech and my shop teacher has no idea what could cause this, and he's never seen it before. I am running a compression test and leak down test today. I could really use some advice, any help on to what the problem could be would, or if you think its better to cut my loses and get a new car would really help.
-Thank You

Oil Leak From Engine

hmac300

March, 23, 2012 AT 2:48 PM

If this is a turbo car it can be coming from the turbocharger. If not check for a blown head gasket as that can cause it as well. The earlier 2.0 l engine did h ave head gasket problems. If it is a turbo car you will need to replace the exasut manifold as the heat from the turbo warps the hell out of htem.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front