FLOODING

1991 Pontiac Sunbird

vern1939

November, 29, 2010 AT 7:53 PM

My 1991 pontiac sunbird was flooding when I turned on the key. Found a bad O ring. Replaced it. Now no flooding on key turn on.

It still floods out
getting spark
plugs ok
fuel spraying into throat of carb when trying to start. TO MUCH? GETTING injector signal every rpm, I see gas spraying into throttle orifice.

how do I check fuel pressure?

plugs get wet when trying to start. It tries to burn it off and run, but to much fuel.

thanks

new injector too.

Vern1939

vzellers@netzero. Com

November, 29, 2010 AT 8:03 PM

FUEL PRESSURE TESTING

Loosen fuel filler cap to relieve fuel tank pressure. (DO NOT tighten at this time.)
Raise the vehicle to disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector, then lower the vehicle.
Start and run the engine until the residual fuel is consumed. Engage starter for three seconds to assure fuel pressure relief.
Disconnect the negative battery cable, and locate the fuel feed pressure line.
Connect fuel pressure gage, J-29658-B, in between the fuel feed line and the TBI unit. Use the appropriate adapters.
Raise the vehicle to connect the fuel pump electrical connector, then lower the vehicle.
Connect the negative battery terminal.
Perform fuel pressure checks.
Relieve the fuel system pressure. See steps 2 and 3.
Disconnect the negative battery terminal and remove fuel pressure gauge.
Tighten fuel filler cap and connect the negative battery terminal.
Cycle the ignition switch twice, waiting ten seconds between cycles. Check for fuel leaks.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang