1991 Honda Accord dash light wont turn on

FAFII7
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
After I installed a radio in my car the dash lights stoped working I dont know why I checked fuses but nothing is blown please help.
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 AT 7:37 PM

WRENCHTECH
You can bet there is a blown fuse there somewhere. You have apparently wired it wrong. We see this all the time with people installing their own stereos and it often does a lot of damage. They make adapter harnesses for doing this correctly. If you went and cut your harness, it's probably too late already and you will have to bring it to an electrical specialist.
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 3:09 AM
FAFII7
Do you know which fuse it will be that could be blown?
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 3:44 AM
WRENCHTECH
There are numerous fuses being used. You need to use a test light on both sides of every fuse wit the lights turned on.
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 3:53 AM
FAFII7
Ok ill do that and I bought the adapter from wal mart and there was this orange wire that says dash light but there was no were to connect it to so I just left it hanging and taped it could that be the issue also?
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 4:00 AM
WRENCHTECH
Disconnected wires at the radio won't cause you to lose the rest of the dash lights.
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 4:05 AM
FAFII7
Oh ok its just my cluster lights dont work everything else is fine
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 4:14 AM
YOU DON'T RECKON YOU TURNED YOUR CLUSTER ILLUM. DIMMER SWITCH DOWN/ OFF AND DIDN'T REALIZE YOU DID?

SOMETIMES WHEN YOU HAVE REALLY GOOD HELP FROM THE NEIGHBOR OR THE YOUNGINS, THEY MESS WITH STUFF WHILE THEY ARE LEANED IN THERE TALKING TO YOU!

Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 5:23 PM
FAFII7
Yeah the switch is on its just the cluster that doesn't work and I hate it cause I cant see how fast I'm going at night :/
-1
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 5:40 PM