I HAVE LOSS OF POWER

1991 GMC Sonoma

Gabriel Lane

July, 13, 2012 AT 3:14 AM

When I experience loss of power, if I smack the dash just passenger side of center, it will correct itself for a while. It was by accident I found this but I have done it numerous times and result is immediate, whereas if I do not hit the dash it stays at lost power. I don't have much money right now, so my donation is small, but I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

saturntech9

July, 13, 2012 AT 3:45 AM

Sounds like your jaring something the computer is over in that area. Do you have any codes?

Gabriel Lane

July, 13, 2012 AT 4:12 AM

No codes. The comp is at foot of passenger side and was replaced about a year ago. I am thinking it's gotta be a short of some kind. Something loose, it feels like if an injector were clogged and when I hit the dash unclog feeling. I know they're different issues, just trying to describe the feeling.

saturntech9

July, 13, 2012 AT 4:20 AM

I had a 1992 chevy s-10 I knew the computer was over there on passenger side somewhere. So when it looses power does it idle different?

Gabriel Lane

July, 13, 2012 AT 4:33 AM

Yes, even stalls completely when idling.

saturntech9

July, 13, 2012 AT 4:36 AM

Iam thinking maybe a loose ground in the dash.

Gabriel Lane

July, 13, 2012 AT 4:56 AM

I will definitely check that out. Thanks.

saturntech9

July, 13, 2012 AT 5:01 AM

Your welcome what engine do you have?

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L