2 QUESTIONS 1 LEFT BLINKER WORKS WHEN HAZARDS ...

• mndstew
  • 1991 Dodge Shadow

2 questions 1) left blinker works when hazards are used but not when the blinker is turned on it dims but dont flash.

Break lights dont work is there a way to test the break light switch on the break pedal I have it in my hand now. Or is there something else I should be looking at bulbs are good none of the 3 break lights work

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 11:27 PM

• caradiodoc

To start the diagnosis, look at the rear sockets. See if the ground wires plug into the sides of the sockets. I can't remember if that's just for the older round brass-base bulbs or if it's also for the newer flat plastic-base bulbs. Those ground wire terminals become corroded and can cause most of the symptoms you described. The high-mount brake light is a different story. He will have one or two smaller bulbs that commonly burn out. Failure of those bulbs is a lot more common than a failed brake light switch.

Monday, November 19th, 2012 AT 12:36 AM