Hopefully I have given enough information to guide in the right direction. I cant check the transmission fluid level accurately as the car wont idle in park, it will only idle in neutral or drive. Also noticed while attempting to check fluid in neutral that the fluid was extremely bubbly and actually overflowed from the dipstick tube. Here's my notes. And thanks for your time!
- Engine will not start or run in Park.
- Engine will start in Neutral (idles high.) And continue to run when shifting into drive.
- When driving, the car will shudder (normally between 0-7mph) but once the car is rolling no issues are noticeable.
- Engine will die when transmission is shifted into reveres, and park.
- Engine does not race nor does transmission seem to slip between shifts.
- Does not hesitate to engage when shifting into drive.
- No abnormal noises coinciding with shifts between gears. Other than the obvious engine stalling.
- Possible vacuum leaks?
- The transmission fluid is rather dark and needs to be changed.
have the same problem?
Friday, January 10th, 2014 AT 11:34 AM