THERE IS SMOKE OUT THE TAIL PIPE UNTIL I GAS IT

1990 Honda Accord

lawn-garden

90 accord keeps chocking/sputtering at low speeds, have to hit gas into passing gear to clear up and can see greyish exhaust in rear view mirror. List of repair so far, changed the ignition relay from key to fuse box, tried finger under egr valve and it stalls as it should, removed egr and with engine run sprayed carb cleaner, put back same egr, no leaks around that area. Had flapper cleaned ( controlled by gas pedal )it had some carbon, seats better now I was told. Changed all plugs and gagged them, rotor button, wires, and wire cap holder. Starts purr fect off the key, will not stall and sometimes runs for weeks with no issue, the is bad for days in any weather.I did see a utube that cleans the multi port and is much more a job than what I did with the carb clean and egr I mentioned, 225 k, car is mint from B.C. BODY WISE, want to keep but getting low 20s per mile. Please! Help, laid off and broke from repair bills. Can you suggest a fix I can try, they told me @honda @$80/hr they would have to run it on a system, hope to find a code but it may be hit or miss depending how the car works on that day. Wow I cant afford that again, please help in detail, Ivan Sampson

The greyish exhaust indicates engine oil being burnt in the cylinders and if the sparks plugs are fouling up fast due to carbon buildup, you most likely would have erratic running.

For a start, get the throttle body and IAC cleaned and valve clearances checked/adjusted.

rivermikerat

Run a quality fuel injector through the tank. Does the oil level fall between oil changes? Check fuel pressure. Check timing.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Dynamat Door Installation
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon