Truck will not start

NICHOLS2236
  • 1990 GMC C1500
It is getting fuel and spark but will not start.
Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 11:32 PM

Either you are not getting a hot enough spark, the fuel pressure is too weak, the timing is off, or the engine has low compression. Check all those items and let me know what you find. Note: The spark should be a good hot blue snapping spark. Also, make sure the injectors are getting power. See if it will start with starting fluid for a few seconds. If it does, then it sounds fuel related.
Monday, February 7th, 2011 AT 7:49 PM
VANMAN13760
After putting up with a similar problem for a year, it turned out there was moisture got into the computer, and it affected the pigtails plugging into it. Finally the mechanic relocated the computer to behind the driver s seat, it was behind the kick panel at the bottom of the drivers side door, my 1990 GMC runs like a bear now. John C.
Saturday, May 19th, 2018 AT 9:05 AM
KEN
Oh yes, moisture causes many problems. Good find though. Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site. :)

Cheers, Ken
Monday, May 21st, 2018 AT 10:43 AM