CLUTCH IS ENGAGED AND MY PEDAL HAS NO PRESSURE EXEPT THE SPRING

• mrader39
  • 1989 Nissan Stanza

I was driving my stanza when I went to shift into second gear the clutch got stuck so I pulled it up with my foot and when it popped up the clutch was still engaged as if I was still holding down the clutch but it was popped up and when I looked on my floor board there were bits of rubber and a piece of metal that reminded me of some kind of rivet or lock bolt

Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

• DrCranknWrench

The piece that fell out is probably the pin that holds the clutch push rod to the pedal. There is a clevis pin clip that would have had to come off in order for it to have come out.
I am attaching a diagram of the clutch system so you can see the parts I am talking about.

Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 AT 10:45 PM
  • mrader39

No sir the clevis pin is in it still that rod is still getting pushed in and out of it im thinkin that rivet was jus in the car already I no its somethin simple jus not sure what exactly to fix on it it doesnt return when I push it down but it will stay if I pull it up almost like a spring or what ever keeps pressure to it came undone if you could help I surely would appreciate it

Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 AT 11:28 PM
  • mhpautos

Do you still have fluid in the system, is there any sign of fluid leaking from the rear of the master cylinder?

Monday, January 23rd, 2012 AT 9:08 AM
  • mrader39

Yes sir there is a lil leak but the fluid is still full butt it has no pressuure in the clutch and the clutch is stuck
engaged

Monday, January 23rd, 2012 AT 1:23 PM
  • mrader39

Yes it does have a lil leak but the fluid is still full and I cant drive my car cuz the clutch is engaged and wont let any power get to the car

Monday, January 23rd, 2012 AT 1:37 PM
  • mrader39

O and its a 91

Monday, January 23rd, 2012 AT 2:52 PM
  • mhpautos

I would say it is a mechanical failure in the clutch assembly and the box will have to be removed to inspect further.

Monday, January 23rd, 2012 AT 9:30 PM