Did the thumping noise occur even before replacement of the aforesaid parts?
For the clutch, things that you should take notes are :
1. Flywheel. Ensure the contact surfaces for the clutch disk are even and clean. Contaminations can result in judderring when taking off from stopped positions.
2. Flywheel oil seal. Remove the flywheel and have the flywheel oil seal repaced. At such age, the seal should need replacement.
3. Ensure the clutch bearing seats and forks are clean and well lubricated prior to reinstallation.
4. Clean the main shaft splines and apply a thins layer of grease onto the splines. Rub them throughly onto the splines and wipe off excessive grease. It should be lubricated but dry in order that excessive grease does not get flung off the splnes onto the clutch disk and flywheel.
5. Wne installing the clutch disk and plate, tighten them evenly and ansure they are correctly aligned. A special tool is required but if tool is not available, install the clutch with the bolts in position and press evenly on the pressure plate and finger tighten the bolts until they are just in contact. Use yout fingers to feel the clutch from under the 3 corners at the highest position under the pressure plate and ensure the plate is as centrally positioned as possible.
Note : Ensure the disk in installed in the correct direction.
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 8:36 PM