Headlights stop working

TYBMX26
  • 1989 FORD F-150

They were working just fine till one night I went to turn them on and they didnt work the parking lights work and the harzards work but no head lights I replaced fuses, headlights, and headlight switch and my lights still dont turn on.

Monday, September 9th, 2013 AT 9:28 AM

On Jeep CJs

The Floor dimmer gets corroded or knocked loose sometimes, even loose connections will overheat down there, and mess up the switch, but more times often, it's connector. Sometimes One or more of the "pins" in the connector will get pushed rearward, and not make contact at all, only looking inside the connector will verify if this has happened (the "overheat/ meltage" factor, allows it to dislodge and move) See my new, spare connector and dimmer, in my homemade pics. CJ's use a Ford Dimmer

I have no clue if yours is like this, a trait the CJ exhibit before it goes "terminal", is the light will flash off and on, at random.

Regardless where yours is located, check it's operation, use dielectric grease on the connections.

Whatchu Think?

The Medic

Friday, October 6th, 2017 AT 6:44 PM (Merged)
2CARPROS KEN

Here is a guide to help you test and find where the power is being dropped.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

The headlight wiring diagram is (below)

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, October 6th, 2017 AT 6:47 PM