• 1989 Ford Bronco
  • automatic

I have a 1989 Ford Bronco when it is warm out the fuel pump turns off while driving. If I let it sit for a hour it will then restart. I have replaced the fuel pump relay and ignition module. What could be wrong with it. Thanks Tom

Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 6:10 PM

• rasmataz

Check and monitor the fuel pressure with a gauge to rule out a failing fuel pump.

Also do below

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 AT 4:00 AM