5

• Blewisjr
  • 1989 CHEVROLET CAMARO

5.7 tuneport, starts fine, up untill opererating temp is reached. When reverse or drive is engaged, motor wants to die, unless you give it a quick throttle response. If it does die it will start right up again. It does not act this way while warming up, over the last year or so i"ve replaced the idle air, throttle pos. Sensor, computor, temp sensor, did find a vacume leak behind the throtte body, put a new gasket on. No one can seem to find the problem, also checked neutral switch, changed the 02 sensor

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 9:05 PM

• ASEMaster6371

What about the mass air flow sensor? I had a 87 GTA and had the same issue and it was the mass air flow.

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 11:23 PM
  • Blewisjr

Thanks Roy seems like I checked it before i'll. Check again with scanner and shop manuel. Thats about the only thing I haven't replaced. Distributor and lnjectors are also new. I'll keep you posted

Thursday, January 10th, 2013 AT 4:30 AM