I GOT A 87 HONDA PRELUDE 2

• brendenearl
  • 1988 Honda Accord
  • 240 miles

I got a 87 honda prelude 2.0 s. It ran when we drove it home, once we put in new batterie it stoped starting. We have tested for spark and have it. Replaced the main relay. Still turns over but doesnt start its just about to but nuthing. Old owner said it had sat for about 6 months but was ran every once and a while. Checked all the fuses under dash and hood all are fine. Starters geting power. Noticed theres no jump on tack when trying to start, needle doesnt even move.? Seemes that my problems where because of my main relay. Replaced it and still nuthing. Do not know what todo now.

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 AT 3:55 AM

• racefan966

So you have spark, do you have fuel or fuel pressure? Is it carb or injected and what engine is in it? Have you checked the fuse next to the battery? Get back to me and we will see where to go from there

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 AT 5:10 AM
  • brendenearl

We havent checked for fuel pressure yet we know we have fuel going to the filter by the gas tank. First time working on a honda prelude. Not sure what the engine size is. 2.0 s 4 spark plugs looks like fuel injected. All fuses under dash and the hood are ok been checked and double checked. Only thing we havnet done is check for fuel pressure. Not sure where the other fuel filter is in this car.

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 AT 3:05 PM
  • racefan966

With injection there is only one fuel filter. If you would see what the fuel pressure is and let me know what you get and I will look it up to see if it is in spec.

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 AT 4:38 PM