TRUCK SAT FOR QUITE SOME TIME BUT I TOOK THE ...

1988 Chevrolet S-10

Livangric

December, 10, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

Truck sat for quite some time, but I took the precautions and got it broken in and running again. Started having an issue where the truck would turn over fine, but would not start. I then found that the injector was not spraying. I put a new ignition module on the truck and it then would start just fine. The engine in the truck is a 2.5 with a TBI. When I drive the truck it runs beautifully until it warms up and then dies, has lots of hesitation, and will not start again until is cools down. I then replaced the fuel pump thinking it was losing pressure and then the MAP sensor with no change. I then changed the Hall Effect sensor and it would not even start when cool after this so I put the old one back on. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

December, 10, 2012 AT 10:47 PM

Next time it stalls don't wait for nothing check for spark and fuel pressure-Also refer to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Livangric

December, 11, 2012 AT 2:43 PM

It definitely has spark. I can pour a little gas in the TBI and it will start until that runs out. Fuel pressure I am unable to test as of yet. This truck does not have the port on the fuel rail and I am having a hard time figuring out how and where to test it. If this helps it has done this with two different fuel pumps so I do not believe that is the problem.

December, 11, 2012 AT 11:54 PM

Test it at the fuel filter, also check the ignition control module in the distributor

Livangric

December, 14, 2012 AT 10:55 PM

The Ignition Control module is brand new, but how would I go about testing it just in case it was bad off of the shelf. I am still working on the fuel pressure for you and will post it as soon as I can.

December, 14, 2012 AT 11:31 PM

Check the resistances of the distributor ignition pick-up coil-

Livangric

December, 16, 2012 AT 1:36 PM

Thanks for the help. The truck got to where it would not start at all, even when pouring gas directly into the TBI. I checked the fuel pressure and it was perfect. I then tested spark and it was perfect as well. I then took the engine computer down from behind the glove box. I had someone turn the engine over while I tapped on the computer, and it started right up. I swapped the computer with a new one and have been driving it for two days now. Thanks

December, 16, 2012 AT 10:00 PM

You're welcome-Good Luck and Happy Holidays

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang