INJECTORS WONT FIRE ON START UP AND CUTS OUT AT CERTAIN RPM.

1988 Buick Regal

jspath43

December, 9, 2011 AT 4:00 AM

Car will start fine when cold like first thing in the morning. Once the engine warms up it acts like the injectors wont fire. If I let it sit till it gets cold again it starts right up? Could this be a sensor issue and if so which one?

factoryjack

December, 9, 2011 AT 4:07 AM

If you have not verified that the injectors are not firing, it is just speculation at this point. When it won't start, you can isolate what is not present by first checking for spark at a plug or two. If there is spark, spray some carb cleaner, or other accelerant(starter fluid) in the throttle bore. If it fires, you have a fueling concern. Next would be to check for fuel pressure. This all can be streamlined at the time of the no start, by installing a spark tester, and an injector test light, while cranking. If you have neither spark, nor injector fire, you may have a faulty crank sensor, or ECM. On the earlier models, a bad injector(s) can cause the driver in the ECM to shut down due to over-current. This usually is accompanied by a stall condition, and subsequent no start.

jspath43

December, 9, 2011 AT 5:41 AM

I didn't think about that thanks I'll give it a try.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang