I HAVE UPGRADED MY (EE80 2E ENGINE) POINT DISTRIBUTOR TO HEI MAGNETO DISTRIBUTOR AND A/C NOT WORKING

1986 Toyota Corolla

waqas27

April, 21, 2012 AT 6:32 PM

I think there was some connection of A/C with the old distributor's coil -ve terminal. And as I have now not connected anything with new distributors -ve terminal, maybe that's why the A/C is not working. I need you to elaborate it. And how to connect the A/C wire to new HEI Magneto distributor?

April, 21, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

This should not effect the operation of the compressor according to the wire diagram.

What is the make of the magneto?

April, 21, 2012 AT 6:56 PM

The ignition system has nothing in common with the AC

waqas27

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:02 PM

I have the wiring diagram of A/C of my car, here the A/C amplifier pin # 5 is connected with Ignition Coil's -ve terminal, I am here uploading the snapshot. Maybe that's why now the A/C is not working? As the new HEI Magneto Distributor is now connected with A/C amplifier pin #5. Kindly elaborate.

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:24 PM

Check the AC fuse -Black wire at AC Amp where does it goes to the old distributor also see below

waqas27

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

Should I connect the previous coil's -ve terminal to the new HEI Magneto distributor black wire, coz it has only two wires on it, one is of +12V DC, and other is a black wire (maybe also used for tachometer but my car does not have RPM gauge), so maybe this black wire on new magneto HEI distributor is for A/C amplifier pin # 5?

waqas27

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

This black wire you are pointing is going to igniter, and in my car the igniter was mounted on the coil.

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:40 PM

Is the AC fuse okay?

waqas27

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:44 PM

I have not checked the A/C fuse, its in the fuse box in engine compartment?

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:57 PM

Let me know when you do-check it

waqas27

April, 21, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

Ok, I will check it tomorrow, will tell u after 7 hours. Thank you for your kind valuable support.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement