I have upgraded my (EE80 2E engine) Point Distributor to HEI Magneto Distributor and A/C not working

WAQAS27
  • 1986 TOYOTA COROLLA

I think there was some connection of A/C with the old distributor's coil -ve terminal. And as I have now not connected anything with new distributors -ve terminal, maybe that's why the A/C is not working. I need you to elaborate it. And how to connect the A/C wire to new HEI Magneto distributor?

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 6:32 PM

ASEMASTER6371

This should not effect the operation of the compressor according to the wire diagram.

What is the make of the magneto?

+1
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

The ignition system has nothing in common with the AC

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 6:56 PM
WAQAS27

I have the wiring diagram of A/C of my car, here the A/C amplifier pin # 5 is connected with Ignition Coil's -ve terminal, I am here uploading the snapshot. Maybe that's why now the A/C is not working? As the new HEI Magneto Distributor is now connected with A/C amplifier pin #5. Kindly elaborate.

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 8:02 PM

Check the AC fuse -Black wire at AC Amp where does it goes to the old distributor also see below

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 8:24 PM
WAQAS27

Should I connect the previous coil's -ve terminal to the new HEI Magneto distributor black wire, coz it has only two wires on it, one is of +12V DC, and other is a black wire (maybe also used for tachometer but my car does not have RPM gauge), so maybe this black wire on new magneto HEI distributor is for A/C amplifier pin # 5?

+2
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 8:25 PM
WAQAS27

This black wire you are pointing is going to igniter, and in my car the igniter was mounted on the coil.

+2
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

Is the AC fuse okay?

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 8:40 PM
WAQAS27

I have not checked the A/C fuse, its in the fuse box in engine compartment?

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 8:44 PM

Let me know when you do-check it

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 8:57 PM
WAQAS27

Ok, I will check it tomorrow, will tell u after 7 hours. Thank you for your kind valuable support.

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 9:00 PM
WAQAS27

I have checked the A/C fuse(10A) and A/C Circuit Breaker fuse(30A) in passenger side kick panel, also checked the magnetic clutch relay in engine compartment fuse box. ALL are OK !

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 8:42 AM

Lets connect the black wire and see what happens-but 1st check for power on the black wire coming from the AC Amp-before hook-up to the ignitor-Your 1st pic-can you buff it up a bit can't read it

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 10:36 AM
WAQAS27

Yes, the A/C is now working as I connected the wire to new distributor's -ve terminal (black wire of new distributor. This wire was previously connected to old distributors coil -ve. The Problem is solved, Thanks a lot for your valuable support !

Thursday, April 26th, 2012 AT 12:52 PM

Your welcome

Thursday, April 26th, 2012 AT 5:05 PM