1986 Jeep CJ7 heater core

MCCAND41
  • 1986 JEEP CJ7
Just replaced heater core on my jeep, the hoses had been bypassed by previous owner and I need to know which hose connects to which tube on heater core
Saturday, November 1st, 2014 AT 7:29 PM

CJ MEDEVAC II
ARE YOU COLD?

WANNA MAKE YOUR JEEP A TAD WARMER?

IT REALLY DON'T MATTER WHICH GOES ON THE TOP OR BOTTOM

I PREFER THE "FEED" (HOTTEST WATER FROM THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING) TO ENTER THE BOTTOM AND FLOW UP, BEFORE IT RETURNS BACK TO THE ENGINE THRU THE WATER PUMP

YOU WILL GET THE SAME HEAT INTO IT EITHER WAY, IT IS NOT DIRECTIONAL, LIKE A CHECK VALVE OR SOMEETHING

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

I'VE MADE MANY USER FRIENDLY MODS TO MY '77 CJ 5

ONE BEING EZ ACCESS PORTS TO MY FAN AND HEATER CORE, BY ONLY REMOVING THE BATTERY AND IT'S TRAY (SEE 1ST TWO PICS)

AS FAR AS PLUMBING, YOUR HOTTEST WATER COMES OUT OF THE ENGINE AND GOES OVER TO THE INTAKE? THEN TO THE CORE?

THIS WASTES HEAT!

HEAT YOU NEED IN THE COCKPIT!

BEING A PLUMBER, MINE AND OTHER FRIENDS JEEPS ARE "PLUMBED" LIKE A "STEAM SYSTEM"- NOT JUST WHAT IS EZ AND INEFFICIENT

SEE MY 3rd, 4th, AND 5th PICS

6th PIC IS THE "TRADITIONAL CRAPPY SET-UP"

NEED MORE INFO ON ANYTHING CJ? KEEP ON ASKING HERE!

Saturday, November 1st, 2014 AT 8:58 PM
WRENCHTECH
I beg to differ here.
It definitely does matter which direction the coolant flows. It needs to enter at the lowest point and exit from the highest. Otherwise you will not keep the air out of the heater core and air doesn't provide heat. If coolant is pushed up from the bottom, it will push any air out the top and keeps the core full.
+2
Sunday, November 2nd, 2014 AT 6:38 AM