86 3/4 TON

1986 GMC C2500

jason0755

November, 26, 2010 AT 11:58 PM

I have a 86 gmc 3/4 ton with a 350 and an auto transmission when you drive it a little bit and turn it off and try to start it up again right away it wont turnover

Jacobandnickolas

November, 26, 2010 AT 11:59 PM

How long do you need to wait before it starts?

hmac300

November, 27, 2010 AT 12:00 AM

Clean teh battery cables and make sure your battery is in good shape. Most auto parts stores can test yoru battery.

jason0755

November, 27, 2010 AT 12:05 AM

The battery is brand new as well as the cable ends and I only have to wait about thirty minutes

Jacobandnickolas

November, 27, 2010 AT 12:29 AM

Okay, then you are losing spark or fuel to the engine. You need to check to see which one is missing and let me know which it is. Then I can help you from that point.

Let me know what you find.

hmac300

November, 27, 2010 AT 12:41 AM

If this turns over but won't start you need to let us know.
On these older vehicles the coil plug sometimes broke off from the dist cap andmade vehicles hard to start. If it won't turn over, make sure that the battery is grounded to the engine and from engine to frame and engine to body. You may be not starting from a por ground and when you go to hot soak it makes it difficlut to turn over. It may also be teh solenoid not allowing power through it or the starter may be drawing to many amps. This can be checked at an auto parts stores.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test