NO FUEL COMING OUT OF CARB JETS.

1985 Mazda RX7

Manubi

March, 14, 2012 AT 8:16 PM

The fuel pump kicks on when key is turned, I have fuel going up through the lines and into the carburetor. But this is the hum dinger I do not have any fuel coming out of the jets, but when I pour gas into the carb the car fires up and runs till the gas is gone.

March, 14, 2012 AT 8:28 PM

Check fuel pressure with a gauge and the carbuerator float system

Manubi

March, 15, 2012 AT 4:38 PM

What type of gauge do I need to check the fuel pressure and what/where is the carb float? I have never had to work on a rotory let alone a carbureted car.

March, 15, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

You need fuel pressure tester and also check the fuel filter-the carb float is where the fuel enters the carbuerator fuel bowl and has a float/needle valve inside that controls fuel flow-could be also a fuel control solenoid

Manubi

March, 15, 2012 AT 5:04 PM

Thank you for your prompt help thus far!

The fuel filter (2) looks brand new and where the fuel enters the carb (1) I can take off the bolts and blow on the fuel still sitting in the hole and the fuel goes down and then comes back up.

March, 15, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

Open it up and check the float and needle valve

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet