I STARTED MY 82 TOYOTA PICKUP AND IT RAN FOR A ...

1982 Toyota Pickup

Anonymous

January, 7, 2013 AT 4:34 AM

I started my 82 Toyota pickup and it ran for a couple min and died cuz I ran it out of gas.I put more gas in it and it still wouldn't start so I removed a fuel line to seintoe if it was pumping gas into the carburetor and it was spitting any gas out of the line. Does that mean the fuel pump went out.I'm assuming that's what went wrong. If someone knows could titty plz help. And if that's the problem. Where is the fuel pump even located on a 82 Toyota pickup 4x4?

We don't have the information in our database for this vehicle. Most probably the fuel pump is mechanical. Follow the hose from carburettor to engine and you should see it.

When the tank runs dry, the fuel pump might not be able to draw the fuel from fuel tank.
Remove the air cleaner cover and drop a few droplets of gasoline into the carburettor barrel and try starting. Repeat process a few times if engine starts and stalls. Starting fluid would be an easier way.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang