CLICKING NOISE

1981 Chevrolet Blazer

Russellg1

September, 4, 2013 AT 12:40 PM

It's got oil and it sounds as if its comeing from the transmition. I checked the bults they were loose and two were missing I added one and then I noticed that the other one is broke inside of it so I tighteded the others up really tight and it's still clicking could something be wrong inside the transmition or is it just that bult

caradiodoc

September, 4, 2013 AT 1:15 PM

There's dozens of bolts on a transmission. Which ones are you talking about?

What do you mean by "really tight"? All bolts have a torque specification and we use torque wrenches to set the tightness. Over-tightening is just as bad as leaving a bolt loose. A bolt that is over-tightened is likely to break.

Russellg1

September, 4, 2013 AT 3:47 PM

On the outside there are six connecting my engine to my transmition and I tightened them. Except for the one that broke off inside the transmition and my question was could the broken bult even if all others are tight cause the clicking noise. And It's only when I'm in park or my foot is off the pedal that it starts clicking

caradiodoc

September, 4, 2013 AT 4:15 PM

Sounds like you're describing the bell housing bolts. Those should not cause a noise problem. Loose torque converter bolts will cause a banging noise that will change depending on the load on the engine.

Russellg1

September, 6, 2013 AT 12:57 PM

Ya I found out I got a bent fly wheel and I'm gonna check the converter bults to make sure that's what it is because it sounds like its coming from there.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz