ABBREVIATIONS

1971 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

bigboyloy

August, 23, 2012 AT 5:44 AM

What do the following abbreviations on the fuse panel stand for clk ltr. Ctsy. Accsy. Lps. Acc. Tcs sol. And inst lps?

caradiodoc

August, 23, 2012 AT 6:51 AM

Clock, cigarette lighter, courtesy lamps (dome light), accessories, lamps, accessory, , instrument panel lamps (dash lights)

caradiodoc

August, 23, 2012 AT 6:53 AM

August, 23, 2012 AT 9:03 AM

Transmission Control Spark Solenoid is the one missing.

bigboyloy

August, 24, 2012 AT 12:51 PM

Thanks. So I wanna rebuild my 350 to a 383 stroker what all parts will I need to get maximum power?

caradiodoc

August, 24, 2012 AT 6:33 PM

That's not a do-it-yourselfer project because there's a lot more involved than just bolting a bunch of parts together. You'll need so many special tools that you'll never use again and there's a lot of critical measurements and clearances to check. You're better off buying what you want or having an engine machine shop do the work. We have a racing engine machine shop in my town and his products are not cheap. I worked there for two weeks as part of my instructor required continual training and I saw how complicated it is to get everything right.

If you still want to pursue this idea, look for a copy of the "Chevy Power" book. It's from the '80s; don't know if it's still in print. Once you see what is required, you can make an informed decision if you want to ruin your engine.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Engine Oil Change and Filter