WHILE TRYING TO START THE CAR IT LOUDLY BACKFIRES OUT THE LEFT SIDE TAILPIPE

• littlewonder
  • 1965 Jaguar S-Type

Car been sitting for 5 months up here in rainy Seattle I last ran the car last summer ran fine. Today I went to start it first the engine bay was moist from condensation I took a blow dryer and dried the distributor then cap turned it over and it did not start I shot some starting fluid into the carbs and tried again it backfired loudly out the left tail pipe. I looked at the firing order that seems right 153624 took out spark plugs turned it over to clean out the cyl. Turned it over with no backfire but it did not start sprayed starting fluid into carbs backfired!. Are the floats stuck you think?

Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 AT 2:50 AM

• rasmataz

Best check if you're getting ignition spark-

Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 AT 2:56 AM
  • littlewonder

I got it running it was not an ignition problem but a fuel issue, the float was sticking. Id like my donation back please!

Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 AT 10:04 PM
  • rasmataz

I'm not even done with you-its not easy to fix cars over the internet-its a lot of questionnaires and suggestions involved to get to the root of the problem-Thank You for using 2carpros and Merry Christmas. Contact: mike@2carpros. Com

Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 AT 10:32 PM