WHERE IS THE BLEND DOOR LOCATED?

2003 Ford Taurus • 145,000 miles

My 2003 Ford Taurus is a SEL V6 3.0L DOHC. The heat is not working, it's blowing cold air. When doing the Remote Climate Control Module Self-Test it comes up with error code 024 025 which is Temp Blend Door Failure/Short. Where is the blend door located? My Haynes repair manual indicates you have to remove the entire dash and steering wheel to access it but it isn't specific as to where under the dash it is located. I am hoping to be able to get at it somehow (at least partially) and possibly manually move the lever to allow heat to flow.
Krokeefe

See pics it's under glove box. Youhave to remove floor panelfirst

The configuration under the removed panel under my glove box is different from those images. I included pictures of under my glove box. According to my Haynes repair manual you have to remove the whole dash and steering wheel (which is about 30 steps) to access it but it doesn't indicate where under the dash it is at. Some info I found online said you may be able to partially get to it depending on year of your vehicle. This is what I am hoping to do. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Krokeefe
Funny, those pics are direct from ford and it's the blend door which is used for temp hot or cold. The ONLY difference is fi you have auto temp control which you didn't say is what is in this pic and it's only taking out a couple of screws

I do have ETAC and the last image you sent me apparently is what is behind my glove box/climate control panel. The first picture I added shows what looks to be your last image and I removed the screw that the arrow points at. Behind that black "box" was a lever I was able to manually move which allows heat when I move it (second picture is lever). This black box has a wire connection plug that is not plugged into anything (third picture). I am wondering if this could be the problem although I can't find anywhere it plugs into. What are your thoughts on that?
TO NOTE, I bought this car from the in-laws and he had someone work on it to get the AC to work before he sold it to me. He said he did something behind the glove box to get it to work. AC then worked but you couldn't adjust temperature. I really appreciate your help.

Krokeefe
The third pic is the control module that I sent in last reply. It looks as if it may alredy have the screws out. You'll have to look behind it or drop it out of the way to see the vacuum motor and actuator. Or at least it should be. But because this is auto temp control you need to remove the control head which requires a special tool and unhook all the electrical connectors. Then you can get to the actuator.
All Vehicles
Using the special tool, pull out the integrated control panel (18C858).
Fig. 3: Removing Integrated Control Panel (18C858)
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
Vehicles With Manual Climate Control
Label and disconnect the electrical connectors.
Remove the integrated control panel.
Fig. 4: Locating Electrical Connectors
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
Vehicles With Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)
Label and disconnect the electrical connectors and the in-car temperature sensor hose (19D888). Remove the integrated control panel.
Fig. 5: Removing Integrated Control Panel
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
All Vehicles
To install, reverse the removal procedure
see pics

Forgot other opics

Okay so this "black box" is the control module. I removed the screw and did find lever that controls heat/AC flow behind it (second picture from last post). The control module has a electrical connection plug that is not plugged into anything (third picture from my last post). I am wondering if this could be the problem although I can't find anywhere it plugs into. Would like to find this out before going further. Is it possible this electrical connector isn't plugged into anything because it doesn't apply to my vehicle?

Krokeefe
It may not be for your vehicle but check the control h ead the las series of pics I sent it might possibly plug into there and the guy that "Fixed" it the last time may have found out that that wold make the a/c work but nothing else. If the wires are the color f the diagram thatmay go to temp blend door actuator and may be the reason it doesn't work or the actuator is bad. If it does plug into actuator pull havac fuse for 60 seconds with key on as the sometimes will reset it.

Thank you so much. I will try your suggestions. As for the guy who "fixed" the AC thats what I was thinking, he may of disconnected it to get the AC to flow. He told my father-in-law he replaced a relay. With the control module moved aside I do remember seeing something that looked like a vacuum actuator (like the one in the first pic) but not the temp blend door actuator as the second pic shows from my repair manual. I wonder if this guy removed the temp blend door actuator and never replaced it! Would it always be located right over the lever that controls the blend door? If so its no longer there (third pic is lever in center of picture).

At least with your help I was able to find the lever for the blend door that if need be I could lock it into the position to allow heat to flow for the winter and in the summer I could "unlock" it to allow the AC to flow. Thank you again.

Krokeefe
Second pic didn't upload. Trying again.

Krokeefe