HESITATION

2006 Saturn Relay

2006 Saturn Relay 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

while driving my relay it starts to loose all power and hesitate between 2000 and 2500 rpms in third gear. We have been getting an egr code from the engine so I replaced the valve and it is still doing it. It acts as though it is not getting fuels and surging back up once it received fuel. I am not sure where to go next. The plugs and wires have not been changed but I wouldnt think that that would have anything to do with it being that is in such a specific setting. Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on
Flyingbronco02

Rty fuel injectors (cleaning the injectors often fixes this).
Bad MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor
Bad TPS (throttle position) sensor
Bad or dirty MAF (mass airflow) sensor
Low fuel pressure (leaky fuel pressure regulator or weak fuel pump)
Vacuum leaks (intake manifold, vacuum hoses, throttle body, EGR valve)
Bad gasoline (fuel contaminated with water or too much alcohol)

Sometimes, what feels like a hesitation is actually ignition misfire rather than lean misfire. The causes of ignition misfire may include: Dirty or worn spark plugs
Bad plug wires
Weak ignition coil
Wet plug wires

Would any of those be specific to third gear and 2000 rpm? I have found a pattern behind it that it only happens uphill and when the vehicle is in third and between 2000 and 2500 rpm

Flyingbronco02