ABS AND STARTING ISSUES

2005 Saturn Relay

Brakes problem
2005 Saturn Relay 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 55000 miles

I sometimes have starting issues with the car it happens once every 10 or 20 times. Starter starts but does not fire properly right away, it tries and dies and I have to try a few times before it starts. It works better when I give it more gas. What could it be? I tried to use fuel injector cleaner not sure if it helps since it doesn't always happen. Also I smell gas at the tail end will this cause any damage to the car?

Second issue my ABS light came on and it said ABS Needs service or something like that. But when I shut down the car it goes away and I can't even take it to show it to the dealers. Only happened twice or three times so far but since then it hasn't happened in a few weeks. Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Glenelvis

Start by measuring fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge.
If you are smelling gas at tail pipe then raw gasoline is traveling a long way and this will cause the convertor to overheat and fail.
Did you have car scanned for any " P" powertrain codes? You can have this done for free at some autoparts stores.

ABS will set a " C" chassis code, most shops should be able to read the code, even if light is not on. PCM/ABS module will store code as " history" or " pending".

Mmprince4000