BLEND DOORS

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Heater problem
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

I need to find the blend doors and the blend door actuator, where are these things at under my dash?

Are they relatively easy to get to? I need to verify that my bvlend doors are working properly before it gets cold again.

Pontiac Grand Prix GT S/C 3800 with dual climate controls.

Also, I have noticed a spot of oil that has grown larger as the weeks pass by. I jacked up the car and found that the oil seems to be on the driverside of the engine on part of the oil pan and on the under cover of the flywheel. I have checked the valve cover gasket in the rear of the engine, it is not leaking. I checked the cast aluminum pan bolts and they are tight. I feel that this is the rear main seal, your thoughts? Can this be replaced without pullling out the engine?

I verified that this is oil, no other fluid in the car is leaking.
Dober6972

The blend doors are going to be in the HVAC case, or HVAC module, whichever you call it. The actuators(right or left) appear to be accessible either behind the glove box(rh), or on the left side with removal of the lower insulator panel. Are you having concerns with operation, and on which side?

The oil leak could be from the rear crank seal. Ideally, if you have no visible leaks higher up, then it would be suggested to add tracer dye and use a u.V. Light to confirm, or another visual aid to confirm it's origin. I would think that you could replace the rear seal without removing the engine, but you would at least have to suspend the engine, because you would probably have to remove the frame and transmission.

Factoryjack