WONT START...OR TURN OVER

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 166000 killometers

tried to start my car last night sounded like it was going to turn over but wouldnt start, tried this several times but eventually the starter noise stopped and it would just " click" when attempting to turn over. Jump started it and it turned over and started. But was hesitant. Turned off after letting it idol for a bit, restarted it and it started but was hesitant again, few hour later tried it and it started but again was hesitant. This morning went to try to start it and no start again, again will at 1st sound like it will turn over but eventually wont even turn over, just click. Please help! Was told may be battery, started, selinoid or alternator?
Speachey

Welcome to the forum, I'd take the battery off and have it charged. Also, check battery connections. With the vehicle running, have the charging system tested. The battery needs a full charge before you can diagnose anything.

Thanks for your prompt response to my inquiry, I will check these out tonight,

but I also wanted to mention that the lights, radio, heat everything works when I turn my key over. Even after it doesnt crank anymore and just clicks.

Also sometimes when I start my car it will idle up & down a few times before idle'n normal. And a few months ago my check engine light came on I took to the dealer$hip & they said something about wanting to do a smoke test to determine if there is a problem, with a seal or valve leaking? I dont know exactly. But they reset the check engine light & it hasnt come back on.
I didnt know if this would also be a factor to the same problem i'm having with it not starting?

Thanks!

Speachey
Also, watch the headlites or some other lite, when you turn key to start. The lites should react if there is a load on the starter circuit.