CAR STALLS

2000 Jeep Cherokee

Computer problem
2000 Jeep Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90500 miles

My 2000 Grand Cherokee intermittently stalls in hot weather and won't restart for at least a few minutes to twenty minutes. All gauges function when key is turned on except gas gauge. My mechanic had it for two weeks and couldn't get it to do anything. When I first had it towed in he said it showed bad crank sensor but he didn't think that was problem. I took it back in because it stalled on way home, and told him to put new sensor in - still having same problem. Any ideas?
Jessabass@hotmail.com

If it refuses to start don't wait for nothing- do below to find out if its fuel or spark problem that's causing it not to start-something has to give.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing.

When the jeep quits, all of my gauges still register except the fuel gauge that shows empty and the little pump is lit [low fuel indicator light]. My son has suggested the possibility that it might be the fuel pump getting too hot and shutting off. What do you think?
The only code that my mechanic got was crankshaft pos. Sensor which I just replaced, but it is still doing it.

To blame the fuel pump you need to check and monitor the fuel pressure when it pops up it will show as sore thumb