SPUTTERING AFTER REPLACING SPARK PLUGS

Honda Civic

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX w/ 70k on it. I replaced my spark plugs, distributor cap, distributor rotor, and the spark plug wires. I gapped it as stated in the manual and inserted the spark plugs first by hand carefully. After I finished, my car been " sputtering" during acceleration since. Feels as if the car is not pushing air out the exhaust smoothly, almost like choking. I switched it back to my old plugs, distributors, etc and it does the same thing. I dont think its anything el[b]se because the problem started right after the replacements I've done. Please tell me whats wrong w/ my baby! : Cry:
Kgonekeo

Just a guess here but your car is a 4 cylinder and the plugs wires are probably not the issue. Two thoughts - the first is the least likely. A plug could be cracked or broken. The most likely though is that you have the wires on wrong. They could be out of order or they could be one position off. Check that out.

Bruce Hunt