SPARK PLUG WIRES PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Honda Civic

I have a 1996 Honda Civic DX with 130,000. I am trying to replace the spark plug wires and I have the firing sequence, but for some reason it still isn't working ?
My question is when installing the plugs with the firing sequence 1342 where is number 1 on the distributor cap when looking down in to the engine. Also, when the sequence says 1342 do I attach the wires in that order clockwise on the distributor cap to their subsequent positions on the engine?

Please Help, new to this, but I really want to learn.
Slh030

Wish I could help more am having same problem, from what people have told me you are right. Spark plug wires go clockwise 1, 3, 4, 2. My car is doin same thing.

Motibs
First of all why were you replaceing the sparkplug wires? Always replace them by taking one off then hold new wire next to old to get the right size. One at a time, never all at once. Make sure they are not laying on the motor when done. Go to an autozone and ask someone to see if the firing order is right. These guys all have worked on cars and seen it all. Get a haynes manual for you car, a picture paints a thousand words. Vandragon

Vandragon
CHECK IGNITION COIL

Motibs