SERIES OF ELECTRICAL ISSUES

1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 103000 miles

Having some electrical issues with 99 accord.

Problem 1: Could not start the car. When restarting the car after a short time-frame (i.E. Quick errands like pumping gasoline, quick trip in and out of store, etc.) Or in hot weather the car wouldn't start for a few minutes (after quite a few tries).

Problem 2: The entire climate control panel in the center of the dash lost power.

I replaced the 15 fuses in the fuse box and under the hood, as well as the main relay, today. So far, there've been no issues starting car. However, in the midst of dealing with the climate control panel, discovered another issue.

Problem 3: The metal prong (under the black temp control knob) is insanely hot, as it never has been before. The knob broke months ago and I've been using the metal prong to adjust the a/c and heat. While trying to figure out the cause of the lost power to climate control panel, I removed the knob to try adjusting temp and burned fingers very badly. The metal was extremely hot (like hot oil) and part of the plastic casing around the knob area looks like it's melting.

If anyone has had any of these issues and can shed some light on what the heck is happening to my car, or even better, if you've resolved similar problems, please let me know! Thanks.
Oneaccord99

There's a short some where within that circuit.The climate control unit is being power by the 7.5 amp fuse no. 13. if there's an actual short it should blow this fuse.See below and remove the driver's multiplex control unit and feel the knob again.

In addition check the white and yellow wire for a short to ground that goes to the climate control unit.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_climate_control_1.jpg