WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT

2000 Ford Ranger

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Removed radiator and fan shroud, how do I getthe fan off the water pump assembly or should I just try to take the pump and fan assembly off as a unit from the engine.
i already donated some noney earlier this month. Having hard time paying right now
Einreb

Hello -

To better assist you do you have the 3.0L or the 4.0L engine. What is the 8th digit of your VIN.

ImpalaSS
It's a 3.0 supposedly flex fuel

Einreb
Hello

Thanks for the info

Sounds like you did the hard part . The radiator and the fan shroud. Though you didn t have to remove the radiator . My suggestion since you have it off is to either have it cleaned out or replace it. You do have 120K on the vehicle . Good preventative maintenance. You might also compare the price of having it cleaned out to replacing it too. At Auto Zone you can pick one up for about $240 and if you go to the Radiator Barn (link below) it is only about $139. Again, I like doing preventive maintenance. It is drained, removed, you are there .
Also I would replace all of the hoses. They too have 120K on them.

ImpalaSS