AC NOT WORKING.

Ford F-250

I have a 1995 ford f-250 super with a 7.3 litre diesel engine.
the ac has" nt worked since I got it so I thought it might be a matter of just charging it so I went to kragens auto store and bought the r-134 ez charge with the gauges.
followed the steps by putting the hose on the low side and filled it untill the gauge showed me when to stop. Its holding fine at that position so there is no leak but the ac is still not working.
how can I check the compressor to see if it is working? Or have you any ideas as to what is wrong.
thanks alot
Ger m

Ya I have a test light.

Ger m
I had power at the purple wire so I crossed the purple wire and the other wire like you said and I could see the compressor kicking in.
I can" t tell if the ac is cold or not cause its actually cold where I am today but this definitely made a difference.
As soon as I put these wires into there proper place again the compressor would click back out again and stop.
What does this mean?

Ger m
Followed your steps.
Before I jumped the two wires the gauge read 25psi.
When I jumped them it went straight to zero.
I filled the system up to 35psi and I re-conneced these wires in there proper place and I notice now that the compressor is cutting in and out every couple of seconds. : ) I checked the gauge again and ts holding steady at 35psi
i live in sf city and today is windy and cold so I can" t tell if it is blowing cold or not cause when I switch to vent it seems the same.

Ger m
Did that but compressor is still cutting on and off and can of freon is nearly empty. When it cuts off its reads about 35psi and when its comes back on it drops to zero. Also I notice like water dripping out from under it. Maybe there is a leak in it after all?

Ger m
Hello. You are a life saver.I did that today and the ac is 100% now. : ) Thank you so much.
The cruise control is also giving trouble.
Its works fine in the morning for my 1 hour drive but I have nothing when I come home in the evening. The hooter also stops working when the cruise stops.I park the truck over night and jump into it in the morning and its fine hooter and all. Would this have anything to do with temperatute?

Ger m
Hello. No the airbag light does not come on.
I took off that connector at the front of the master but there is no change so far, the cruise control and hooter would not work on my way home but it will work again in the morning. Weird.

Ger m