ABS LIGHT AND CRUISE CONTROL

2003 Ford Explorer

2003 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

When I take off quickly my abs light comes on and will not go off until I turn off the engine. Sometimes when my abs light is on my cruise will not work but other times when it is on my cruise will work. We have had all 3 speed sensors replaced including the rear end chunk. I don't know what else to replace or to fix. Could you help?
Tammiebooze

Have you checked for trouble codes?

I do not know how to check for trouble codes. A friend of ours hooked up his OBD2 but to plug it in you have to shut off the vehicle so then the abs light is not on. It did not show any codes when he hooked it up. Any advice?

Tammiebooze
Does he have a scanner for checking ABS?

No, where can we get one? I did not know there were different scanners.

Tammiebooze
They are expensive, and some are designed for engine codes, ABS, trans. Rather than purchasing one, I would suggest having it done. You could try calling around to the nationally recognized parts stores to see if they have one they will lend or rent.