DURANGOR HEATER CORE

Dodge Durango

I have a 1998 Dodge Durango V8 Magnum SLT 4x4
w/ 145105 miles. I smell antifreeze in the passenger cab and the engine does heat quickly. There is no leak but there was smoke coming inside the car through the vents. When I turn the a/c on it shoots hot air and also smells of antifreeze. I read the other Dodge Durango questions and see that it may possible be the heater core. I would like to buy the part first and then have a mechanic install. Which heater core make would fit my truck and approx how much should it cost to install to know if I am being over charged? I would install myself but have very little repair experience.
Thank you very much for any assistance
Jdaniel12

I would use either a factory heater core or a Modine. The labor guide calls for about 5.2 hours of labor, find out how much the shop charges per hour and go from there

Jack42
You have to understand that a shop markes up the parts, and has to to stay in business. You wouldn't go to the ice cream shop and bring your own Ice cream would you? Plan on a 100% markup in addition to the labor and fluids.

Alos understnad getting a heater core job from the techs perspective is like getting dealt the queen of spades. It is a miserable job and no one wants it.