CHEVY LUBRICATION

2008 Chevrolet Silverado

Suspension problem
2008 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 11900 miles

I can locate only two grease fittings, tie rods on each side. I see no fittings on ball joints. Are there now only two for regular lubrication? Are ball joints pemanently lubricated?
PUtruck

Ok that is correct the outer ties have probable been replaced so they have grease fittings. As for the ball joints and such yes they are lubricated for life the life of the ball joint that is. Once it goes bad then you aftermarket one will be geasable.

Racefan966
I have owned the truck since new (12 months), no tie rods have been replaced. I'd like to confirm that there are only two grease fittings " from the factory" that require routine lubrication. Older Silverado's normally had six.

PUtruck
If you have two fittings from the factory then your lucky. Most all the factory ball joints and ujoints and all have no fittings they are considered greased for the life of the part. So to answer yes two fittings is all you have.

Racefan966
I agree. Your lucky to have 2. The manufactures use specific part numbers but when those #'s are gone. You get the backup parts. Which in your case was an upgrade. Everyone Ive seen in that year has no fittings. So like race said. If it wasnt replaced out of factory. You got lucky to get 2. Its no problem. Its a good thing! : )

Teag